Solar Water Heating Systems
In order to receive an incentive through the CSI-Thermal Program, installed solar water-heating (SWH) equipment must meet the following criteria
- Single family residential SWH systems must have OG-300 System Certification by either the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO)
- Solar collectors used in multifamily residential, commercial, or industrial water heating shall have OG-100 Collector Certification by SRCC or IAPMO
- Components must be new and unused. The only exception is existing de-scaled copper piping which may be reused if it is replacing an existing SWH system;
- System installations must conform to manufacturer's specifications and all applicable codes and standards;
- All SWH systems with the capacity of displacing over 30 kilowatt thermal (kWth)2 (more than 462 square feet of collectors) must have meters or other measuring devices to monitor and measure system performance and the quantity of energy generated or displaced by the system.
- Please refer to the CSI-Thermal documents page for the CSI-Thermal Program Handbook, which includes additional information on equipment eligibility, as well as Application documents related to metering requirements and eligibility rules for Program Performance Data (PPD) Providers.